News and Offers
A Message from Mark Haase, SG World CEO
SG World have stayed fully operational throughout the COVID-19 crisis to support essential businesses with vital health and safety solutions. Looking back at the experience, I’m proud at how quickly and efficiently we have adapted to the COVID-19 landscape. Social distancing is routinely observed on our site, new hygiene practices have been well integrated into the working day and we’ve introduced new ways of flexible working, allowing many staff to work from home.
Like many other businesses, we have had to be nimble in meeting new challenges head on and over the past few months, working with our customer base, SG World have launched and evolved a leading range of COVID-19 safety and social distancing signage solutions. These products play a key communication role and we’re glad to be able to play a part in helping businesses and schools keep their staff safer as they return back to the workplace. Over the next few months we will all be balancing the return to business as “unusual” with the safety of our colleagues and community, stay safe and thank you for working with SG World.
SG World are still operational as our customer base includes essential businesses such as supermarkets, manufacturers, logistics and packaging plants, as well as the NHS. As long as they need our Health and Safety products to keep them on the go, SG World want to be here to support them.
We have also expanded our printing capability to support any general print services needed by customers whose regular printers may now be unavailable. Furthermore, SG World pledge not to increase our pricing to exploit any supply shortages and will endeavour to keep our current pricing structure wherever our own supply chain costs allow.
The last few weeks have brought about unprecedented change in just about everything we do, in both our personal and professional lives.
We want to take this opportunity to let you know that although the UK have entered lockdown phase, SG World is classed as an essential business and is here to support our customer base, including the food and logistics supply chain. We will continue to help you meet the challenge of operating under extremely difficult circumstances without dropping the ball on workplace Health and Safety.
We are actively looking for new ways to help businesses work more safely during the outbreak, such as our new COVID-19 hygiene signage. We have even adapted our print production to create our own internal supply of hand sanitiser - every little helps!
To achieve this and keep our own workforce safe we have reviewed and adapted our production processes and reduced staffing in line with government advice and current demand. We now have a three month plan in place where we are confident we can protect the health of our employees through measures such as temperature screening and rigorous hygiene control; and continue to support our customer base.
It’s going to be tough but it is our hope that we will come through this pandemic together. Thank you for your continued business and please stay safe.
With the COVID-19 global pandemic continuing to evolve rapidly, we are constantly reviewing the latest government advice to coordinate our response and communicate effectively with SG World staff, customers and partners. I felt it was important to share with you a brief summary of the measures we have put in place to protect our staff and continue supporting our customer base throughout this difficult time.
- A cross-functional team has been put in place to coordinate SG World’s response to COVID-19. We will monitor daily updates from Public Health England and provide regular guidance on company policy in light of the latest government advice via email, website and informational posters.
- The company is putting in place contingency plans for home working so we can continue to support customers through any self-isolation phase.
- We are temporarily implementing a companywide “no handshake” policy and a reduction in any non-essential visitors/ contractors to site.
- We are introducing robust hygiene procedures, advocating frequent and thorough handwashing as per government advice, providing hand sanitiser across the site and issuing anti-bacterial/alcohol wipes to regularly clean personal office equipment including computers and telephones. Cleaning routines have been reinforced to focus on “high traffic” touch points such as push plates on doors, light switches and hand rails.
- We are advising staff on work and personal travel plans to reduce travel to high-risk areas and putting in place appropriate supporting isolation procedures
We currently do not anticipate any service disruption due to this policy; you can continue to rely on SG World to do what’s right for our staff and customers. I’m sure we all share the same goal of keeping our people safe and well at all times, and we can all play our part.